Home Decor Tip
of the Week
8 Tips for Making Beautiful Vignettes
Arranging accessories into a gorgeous still life that creates a mood and makes your room look polished and pulled together:
One of the easiest ways to add designer zing to your home is to arrange objects into vignettes, or groupings, atop tables and shelves. You can make a vignette on top of any flat surface: a dresser, table, bookshelf, countertop, or window ledge. You can use accessories like vases, mirrors, plants, greenery, photos or other personal belongings to create a mood, just like a movie set designer does for a film. A vignette makes a room look more polished and pulled together.
1. Build your vignette around a light source.
2. Choose objects to support the style and theme of your room.
3. Use color in your vignette to coordinate a room.
4. Display objects in odd numbers.
5. Vary the height of the objects.
6. Stick to a theme.
7. Create depth.
8. Vary the textures of objects.
Read More: HGTV.com